Editia a IV-a revazuta si adaugita
Trei volume care sintetizeaza gramatica limbii engleze si contin numeroase exercitii, precum si solutiile acestora:
1. The Verb
2. The Noun, The Article, The Adjective, The Pronoun, The Numeral, The Adverb, The Preposition, The Conjunction, The Interjection
3. Key to Exercises
In primele doua volume, cei interesati gasesc, pe linga notiuni fundamentale de morfologie si sintaxa, exercitii cu diferite grade de dificultate. Pentru verificarea raspunsurilor la teste, volumul al treilea va ofera cheia celor mai dificile exercitii.English Grammar poate fi folosita de toti cei care doresc sa-si perfectioneze sau sa-si aprofundeze cunostintele de limba engleza, dar si de cei interesati de subtilitatile ei la un nivel avansat.
Fragment din carte:
„15. Complete the following sentences using should:
1. It is necessary that ... 2. It was important that ... 3. It is natural that ... 4. It is advisable that ... 5. It was surprising that ... 6. It was unbelievable that ... 7. It is strange that ... 8. It is impossible that ... 9. It was unusual that ... 10. It is inconceivable that ...
16. Translate the following sentences containing subjunctives with should into Romanian:
1. He didn't switch on the light lest his wife should wake up. 2. Do you consider it right that these people should be treated like that? 3. They were surprised that you should have been seen there at that time. 4. She left orders that it should be changed at once. 5. It is inconceivable that she should not have known anything about it. 6. She is shocked that such a thing should have happened in her house. 7. It is quite wrong that people should be forced to say what they don't want to. 8. You insisted that she should be present, too. 9. She suggests that our work be finished at once. 10. I propose she should be asked to resign.
17. Translate the following sentences into English using should + Infinitive:
1. A cerut sa i se dea o alta camera. 2. Ei au solicitat sa-l vada pe director. 3. I-am sugerat sa incerce o alta pereche de pantofi. 4. Le-am propus sa astepte acolo o jumatate de ora. 5. Am sfatuit-o sa ia toate medicamentele. 6. Ai insistat ca toti sa fim prezenti acolo la ora zece. 7. Am hotarat ca toate robinetele sa fie inlocuite. 8. I-am ordonat sa nu se miste. 9. De ce sa-i asteptati aici? 10. Am recomandat ca ei sa repete toate cuvintele.„